Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Art of Manliness

The website was established in 2008, but I just found out about it recently. Dedicated to "reviving the lost art of manliness" the website has a lot of interesting articles:

100 Must-Read Books: The Essential Man’s Library

100 Must See Movies: The Essential Men’s Movie Library

Stop Hanging Out With Women and Start Dating Them

How to Throw a Tomahawk Like a Mountain Man

Romantic Love Can Last

I was trying to find a website dedicated to reviving the lost art of being feminine but didn't find one. Just curious, is there any?



5 comments:

The Watcher said...

Hmmm. 18 of the books, 10 of the movies in my collection (though I've seen most of them), I don't hang or date, I can throw a tomahawk like a mountain man, and I've never experienced romantic love.

Oh, well.

ninnuh said...

Which books have you read? Also, which movies are in your collection? :)

The Watcher said...

Movies in the collection:
Last of the Mohicans*
Gladiator*
The Untouchables*
Bullitt*
Die Hard*
True Grit*
Spartacus*
Braveheart*
Apollo 13*
Glory*
12 Angry Men*
Lord of the Rings* (whole trilogy)
Jeremiah Johnson*
Raiders of the Lost Ark*
Ben Hur*

(books in the next comment)

The Watcher said...

Books I’ve read:
Great Gatsby
1984
The Republic
Picture of Dorian Gray
Brave New World
The Iliad (not the Odyssey)
Walden
Atlas Shrugged
Art of Warfare
Divine Comedy
The Hobbit
Adventures of Huck Finn
Aristotle’s Politics
Animal Farm
Moby Dick
Frankenstein
Hamlet
Paradise Lost
Island of Doctor Moreau
The Bible
The Maltese Falcon
The Long Goodbye

And I just noticed I've actually read/seen/collected more than my original numbers.

ninnuh said...

Impressive! :) I've only seen the first Lord of the Rings movie and was frustrated. I didn't like how the movie ended with the "crew" walking in the middle of a field. I needed closure and didn't want to wait for the second movie. I'll give it another shot sometime. Maybe. :)